MySpace Backgrounds

RockYou FXText

Tuesday, 25 May 2010

Kapiti Island trip!

"Vroom! Awesome! Today I'm going to school for my Kapiti Island trip ". On 19th May my class went to Kapiti Island, and now I am going to tell you about my adventure on Kapiti Island.

I was at school and listening to Mr Shirtliff talk about the car groups and hardly had any sunscreen but no one needed it because it was misty.

In the car on the way I had Laura and Georgia in with me in my mum's car. On the way we were very quiet which was actually quite nice.

When we got to Kapiti Boating Club I got out of the car and had to check mine and my mum's bag for rats. On the way one wave splashed right up where I was sitting at.

When we got off the boat we went to have a talk with a lady called Rochelle (Doc Manager) who told us a lot about Kapiti Island. We walked around the bottom of Kapiti and then I saw a kereru, and it flew off, then my mum saw some kakariki go into a bush. I went to the bush and they flew out. That part was awesome.

Then we walked up the hill and a kaka followd and landed on James R, Alex, Mr Shirtliff and Shaun and it stole James Rs sandwich. I saw the saddleback then.

At the top there was no view because of the mist. There was quite a lot of weka, that was cool because I like weka.                                         

Going down I saw a kereru. I had no more chocolate but I still had a yummy muffin left.

When we got to the boat it had started to rain. Then we were off home. I was sad that we were leaving but at least I could get to some warmth.

It was the best trip I have ever had!

By Arran M
(Kaka on Mr Shirtliff)

No comments:

Post a Comment