MySpace Backgrounds

RockYou FXText

Monday, 24 May 2010

Isabelle at the saddleback roost box

When room 15 got on the boat to go to Kapiti Island it was a cloudy day and there was big bow waves coming from the boat. When we were on Kapiti Island we had a talk about Kapiti Island from Rochelle. I saw my first weka and it did a poop. Then there was anotherweka. While we had a toilet stop I used a video camera and I got an amazing clip of a weka stealing a Scooby snack off Sam.
The walk up to the top of Kapiti Island was hot and long and a kaka landed on Mr Shirtliff's shoulder. It stole James's sandwich. At the top we had a beautiful view.
On the way back down my Dad lost his grip and fell on his butt. When I wasback on the boat to Paraparaumu there was even biger bow waves. I had a fun time  at Kapiti island.

By Isabelle
Rm 15


2 comments:

  1. Wow, thats a great trip you did to kapiti Island Isabelle. You would have seen lots of birds that don't live around your house. How special was that?
    The view from the top would have been amazing.
    Grandma Roberts

    ReplyDelete